FGASA welcomes the newly elected regional representatives to the Executive Committee who play a vital role within the organisation. All members are encouraged to connect and engage with the representatives in their regions, to stay abreast of FGASA developments, receive support and to bring any matters forward that may need attention. As a reminder, the role and responsibility of a regional representative, is as follows:
• Represent the members in the region (area) on the Executive Committee.
• Attend FGASA Executive Committee meetings.
• Attend the FGASA Annual General meeting.
• Organise regional meetings.
• Motivate the members of the regional committee.
• Communicate with members in the region regarding FGASA and the Tourism guiding industry.
• Communicate with members in the region pertaining to functions, activities and points of interest.
• Promote the Association within the region to encourage new membership.
• Distribute marketing material (provided by FGASA) to the region.
• Assist and guide members with regards to information on all the qualification criteria and the route to completing the qualifications.
• Ensure that members are up to date with all FGASA news and strategy.
The Executive Committee:
Ashwell Glasson (Qualification development), Brett Heasman (Limpopo), Neil Whyte (Sabi Sand Western Sector), Andrew Kearney (Eastern Cape), Andrew Khosa (Northern Mpumalanga), Nic Knott-Craig (Gauteng), Koenraad Pretorius (Waterberg), Bennet de Klerk (Pilansberg), Alan Taylor (Kwa-Zulu Natal), Armin Junkuhn (Namibia).
Directors: Stephen Beal (Chairman), Michelle du Plessis (Managing Director), Godfrey Mathebula, Juan Pinto, Schalk Pretorius, Bernice Kelly (FGASA Management).
Thank you for the nominations and we look forward to a successful 2023.
Michelle du Plessis