FGASA Jobs and Mentoring
Your career is waiting
The Field Guides association of Southern Africa is committed to the training of gold-standard guides and ensuring that world-class hospitality, professionalism and safari experiences are delivered to any local or international tourist set on enjoying our incredible natural heritage. If you are a qualified Nature Guide looking for employment or an employer looking for top-notch guides, you’ve come to the right place!
Have a look at our job space below and see if any of these postings are the right fit for you!
Field Guides (NQF2) needed!
Location: Kromdraai, Krugersdorp/Lanseria area (Gauteng, South Africa)
- Person must have Gr12/Matric
- Must have FGASA Nature Site Guide NQF2
- PrDP Licence code B (08)
- At least 1-2 years’ experience.
- Traceable references
- No criminal record
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- R 7 500 basic, Accommodation included, 1 Free meal per day (lunch)
- 6-month contract, thereafter the individual will be considered for permanent employment.
Attention all mountain biking FGASA Guides!
Ranger Buck Safaris has an awesome opportunity for you, leading a group of mountain biking enthusiasts on a luxury, five-star mountain biking experience through a big five reserve in the Hoedspruit area.
Please see the details below:
• Minimum FGASA Field Guide NQF4
• Trails Guide NQF4 (lead trails guide)
• 5 years experience working as a lead trails guide in similar lodge and/or reserve environment
• The guide should have mountain biking experience, leading guests through big five areas
• Must be comfortable with technical and mechanical aspects of mountain bikes to assist guests with minor equipment issues in the field (fixing punctures, loose chains, brake tightening…etc)
• Basic repair tools will be provided
• Own mountain bike is preferred but a bicycle can be arranged if you don’t have one
If you or someone you know meets the above requirements send your CVs and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy cycling everyone!
Sunway Safaris operates small group mobile overland safaris throughout Southern Africa. With 29 years in overland operations we have offices in Johannesburg and Maun (Botswana).
Sunway guides have a wide range of opportunities, from leading bush walks in the Okavango to open 4WD game drives in the Botswana national parks, from exploring the Namib desert to dhow sailing off Mozambique coast, from Drakensberg hikes to Lower Zambezi canoeing – we offer the best safari guiding opportunity!
We are currently looking for young, dynamic individuals with strong personalities and the ability to work under the pressure of client demands. We will consider both experienced tour leaders and newly qualified guides. Gain guiding experience with “on the road” training provided. Join our dynamic company and work as part of a team of two guides on each truck. German language skill an advantage but not essential but good English communication skills a must.
Mask Expeditions is an adventure travel company specializing in small
group safaris. We offer a variety of exciting adventure tours – including
walking, hiking, cycling and specialist game viewing safaris.
We are currently looking to hire guides able to lead a variety of tours
throughout Southern Africa.
Candidates need to be confident and dynamic individuals, with good
communication skills passionate about guiding and South Africa.
We will consider both experienced tour leaders and newly qualified guides.
Minimum requirements are the following:
• Candidate must be at least 21 years old
• Be a registered FGASA field guide or DEAT registered tour guide
• Candidate must have a valid 1st Aid certificate
• Driver’s license – C1 (code 10)
• Valid PDP
• Genuinely fit individuals who can hike and cycle if required
• Willing to travel and work under pressure of demanding clients
• Experience in camp craft and the ability to prepare meals for groups
Please send your CVs through to Peter Albert on: email@example.com
Calling all aspiring Field Guides, Apprentice Trails Guides, and aspiring SKS DG Trails Guides! Noelle van Muiden, founder of Tchagra Trails and a FGASA-endorsed Mentor and Assessor, invites you to embark on a unique journey through her specialised trails workshops and experiences. Noelle’s wealth of experience ensures that she understands the intricacies of the Trails Guide career path and is adept at preparing you for leading guests on bushwalks, backpack trails, and primitive trails.
Apart from comprehensive walking guide training, Noelle provides courses in CyberTracker Track and Sign, as well as Trialing. Additionally, Noelle conducts practical assessments for FGASA Nature Sight Guide NQF2, FGASA Field Guide NQF4, and Trails Guide qualifications.
For guides situated within the Greater Kruger’s APNR (Associated Private Nature Reserves), Noelle does not tack on extra travel costs. However, for courses and assessments outside of the APNR, guides may be subject to additional travel expenses.
Embark on your trails guide journey with Tchagra Trails, where expertise meets professionalism!
For more information and/or for bookings please email Noelle on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and bookings please email Noelle on: email@example.com
- Five-night walking guide workshop at R 7000 per person
- Three-night/four-day Backpack/Primitive Trails at R 4500
- In-house/lodged based (Noelle comes to you)
- Full day at R 1500
- ½ day at R 750
Available Dates for 2024 (Balule Nature Reserve Only):
- 5th – 10th Five-night Walking Guide workshop
- 15th – 18th Three-night Backpack/Primitive trail
- 4th – 9th Five-night Walking Guide workshop
- 28th – 31st Three-night Backpack/Primitive trail
- 25th – 28th Three-night Backpack/Primitive trail
- 6th – 9th Three-night Backpack/Primitive trail
Track & Sign and Trailing Course and Assessment (Madikwe Game Reserve only)
Please contact Noelle on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the course, assessment, and the cost of the workshop.
- 10th – 20th CyberTracker Track & Sign and Trailing course and assessment.
Wilderness Walking Guide 10-day Course (Balule Nature Reserve Only)
Please contact Noelle on email@example.com for more information on the course and what is involved.
Course cost at R 15000 pp
- 10th – 25th 10-day Walking Guide course
- 18th – 28th 10-day Walking Guide course
Attention all trails guides! Jack Htuchinson an accredited FGASA Trails Guide Mentor is offering Mentored Trails to help with experience and hours.
Join Jack on foot in the wild
• 2 Mentored walks with rifles
• May or may not include lodge guests
Price: R1500.00 per person per night
Contact Jack directly for more information, visit his Instagram account here to learn more.