FGASA Diploma Development Review Working Group
FGASA is seeking applications for the review committee that is spearheading the Diploma Development project for the Diploma and Higher Education programme implementation.
FGASA reviewers will form part of a FGASA Diploma Development review working group that will be constituted through the office of the Managing Director of FGASA. The review working group will provide guidance, insights and implementation recommendations to FGASA to inform the design, development and later implementation of the Diploma.
The Diploma Development project requires a quarterly review of the content and proposed policy recommendations for the Diploma and later Higher Education programme implementation. The FGASA reviewers will form part of a FGASA Diploma Development review working group that will be constituted through the office of the Managing Director of FGASA. The review working group will provide guidance, insights and implementation recommendations to the FGASA to inform the design, development and later implementation of the Diploma.
The review committee should not exceed more than 8 individuals and should reflect the diversity of the membership, including youth, transformational representation, gender, and individuals with disabilities.
- The Chairperson is the Managing Director of FGASA.
- 3 members drawn from endorsed training providers.
- 3 members drawn from existing field guides.
- Other members that are proposed due to their capacity to offer specialist advice to the working group.
The following requirements are recommended for selecting individuals to serve on the committee:
- 5 to 10 years FGASA instruction, assessment and endorsed-training provider management experience of FGASA qualifications up to and including Professional Field Guide & Professional Trails Guide and related SKSs.
- A member that is paid up and in good standing with FGASA (Membership paid and up to date).
- EXCO and Board members may take up membership of the review committee.
- Field Guides who are considered to be industry recognised representatives of the FGASA standards and professionalism.
Scope of working group activities
The scope of the working group activities includes the following:
- Review items of work submitted to them including curriculum, policy frameworks, assessment approaches, and related materials and policies.
- Deliberate and debate on the items of work.
- Provide insights and inputs to the Chairperson and consultants for further review and possible incorporation.
- Provide summary reports back to the FGASA EXCO and Board for final approval.
Term of service
The Diploma Development review working group term will be limited to no longer than 12 months. FGASA will acknowledge the contribution of the individual members in formal writing and where necessary in public communication to the membership.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org