Inzalo Safari Lodge is looking for a Guide/Manager to join our team to manage and grow this beautiful tented safari lodge in the prestigious Welgevonden Game Reserve (close to Vaalwater in die Limpopo Waterberg).
The lodge consists of 4 (later 5) luxury tented suites, main lodge, staff quarters and back of house. As Guide/Lodge Manager you will be accountable for:
• Game guiding activities
• Guest services
• Staff Management
• Overseeing management of facilities and terrain
The role is supported by a strong team including Chefs, Housekeepers, Front of House Service and Maintenance Person.
The qualifying person must love living in the bush and be prepared to work in a remote area on 3 weeks on, 1 week off basis. As a Manager you need to subscribe to our brand values including display exemplary behaviour in integrity, passion and service orientation. The successful candidate needs to be South African Citizen and be in possession of a valid RSA Drivers licence and PDP.
GUIDE AND LODGE MANAGER REQUIREMENTS
• Relevant tertiary qualification FGASA NQF4 or Professional Field guide,
• ARH & Full Trails Guide Qualification
• DEAT Registered
• Valid First Aid Certificate
• PDP/Drivers licence
• Excellent track record - 4 to 5 Years’ experience in a Management position in either 4- or 5-star establishment / reputable brand
• Computer literate - MS Office (Work, Excel, Outlook),
• Technical orientation including maintenance, water reticulation, vehicle maintenance
• Some knowledge in Operational Excellence Management.
• Excellent track record - 4 to 5 Years’ experience in either 4-5 star establishment / reputable brand
• Hosting and ability to interact well with guests
• Passionate about the bush
• Energetic and “can-do” attitude
• Ability to apply judgement and make decisions under pressure
• Excellent social and interpersonal skills
• Able to anticipate guests needs & facilitating the small touches that enhance guest experience
• Must be able to handle complaints
• High sense of responsibility
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Strong organisation and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with the rest of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests
• Basic Salary - negotiable and dependant on qualifications and experience
• Live-In accommodation
• Provident fund element – company contribution
• Annual Leave
• 13th check after completion of 12-month employment
Qualifying candidates kindly submit a CV, qualifications and references to:
Contact name: Henriette
Contact email: email@example.com
Tel: 082 886 8114
Job Title: Farm Manager
Breslau Game Farm, a 3000-hectare picturesque private game farm on the Limpopo River west of Pontdrift Border Post in South Africa, is seeking the services of a suitably qualified/skilled Farm Manager, with the necessary skills to manage the farm, staff and assets.
The successful candidate must be driven, organised, computer literate, practically minded and able to work well with people. The successful candidate, should ideally be a FGASA Field Guide (NQF4) and have been in the industry for a minimum of 7 years. Couples are welcome to apply.
CV with a motivation should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The starting date for employment will be in the January /February 2020 period.
The detail of the job description is set out below:
1. Job Description
1.1 Farm Tasks
• Planning of tasks for all staff
• Supervision, monitoring and reporting back of all staff work
• Organisation of all materials, tools and methods for all work implemented
• Game monitoring and management
• Implement measures to be prevent and monitor poaching
• Ensure all farm equipment and vehicles are maintained and in working order
• Prevent unauthorised visitors from coming onto the farm
• Be able to shoot and be in possession of their own licenced rifle for hunting of staff rations
1.2 Administration duties
• Financial reports, meter readings, fuel records, rain records, game records etc.
• Maintenance of farm buildings, roads, dams, borehole pumps and fences.
• Oversee and record all hunting visits to the farm by hunters and shareholders
• Report on all farm activities and news on a daily basis
• Record all visitors by shareholders and their guests, making sure to receive signed indemnity forms for all visitors
1.3 Human Resources
• Recruitment, time and attendance management, staff training
• Month-end visits to town to purchase supplies
• Purchase and control staff rations
• Complete month end reports and schedules for salary payments
• Print out and deliver payslips to staff
1.4 Share Holders and Camp Management
• Prepare shareholders units before arrival and pack up after visits to the farm
• Report and perform maintenance where possible in camps
• Maintain a schedule for regular cleaning when not in use
• Help monitor and report on repairs done by external contractors
• Availability to help shareholders after hours where possible in case of a breakdown or an emergency
1.5 Hunting and Eco Tourism
• Meet and greet for all scheduled visitors to the farm
• Help facilitate PH’s and Tour Leaders to ensure all their needs are met
• Observe and report on all activities conducted by visitors
• Ensure rules and guidelines are adhered to as much as possible
2. Attributes Required
• Good communicator English/Afrikaans and the local African language would be beneficial
• FGASA Field Guide (NQF4)
• Couples welcome to apply
• Drivers License
• Firearm (rifle) License
• Basic tractor and farm machinery know-how
• Complete honesty and willingness to carry working tasks out to the best of your ability
3. Included in Offer of Employment
• Salary: R8000 – R10000 (Gross)
• Salary structure negotiable
• 3 Month Probation period
• Leave 15 days per annum
• Working Hours: 07:00 – 12:00 & 14:00 – 17:00 (Weekdays). 07:00 – 13:00 (Saturday)
• Accommodation for 2 adults
• Farm Bakkie for work purposes (not for private use)
• Meat rations monthly
4. Conditions of Employment
• There are 2 directors who will be your supervisors
• There are several shareholders, 10 of which have lodge camps and visit the farm occasionally, mostly over school holidays, long weekends and weekends.
• Location: 3000Ha game farm, West of Pontdrift border post, Bordering Botswana on the Limpopo river.
Royal Malewane is looking for a professional field guide to join our highly motivated, experienced, and qualified guiding team.
We will consider individuals who are willing to learn, and grow within the team, and who share our values for giving our guests a complete experience and a perfect stay.
• Full trails guide qualification.
• Registered with DEAT/NDT.
• First Aid Level 1 - Valid.
• Advanced Rifle handling.
• PFCT firearm competency or equivalent. Three relevant PFCT unit standards.
• Excellent communication skills and people handling skills.
• Drivers license with valid PDP.
• 10 years guiding experience or Professional field guide qualification (old level 3).
• Minimum 500 hours on foot.
Please forward full CV and motivation to Head guide, Ryan Jack – email@example.com
Position: Assistant Field Guide Trainer
Salary: To be discussed, but in line with market value and dependant on qualifications and experience.
Location: South Africa - Limpopo - (Near Hoedspruit).
Start date: To be discussed.
Leave Cycle: 4 weeks on, 1 week off.
Other leave: Weekends off, when not on duty.
+/-4 weeks annual leave taken between courses (June & December each year).
Exciting and new expansion opportunities have opened up new positions within the company to grow the team. New opportunities exists for passionate, professional and ethical FGASA field guides and trainers to join us at Bushwise (www.bushwise.co.za); a well-known and respected training agency in the Field Guiding industries, who is committed to training and developing staff. The role broadly involves practical and theoretical training of long-term field guide students (local and international), up to FGASA Field Guide (NQF4) knowledge level and allows for massive advancement of the trainer’s own knowledge and skills required to be an outstanding trainer/guide.
The role will suit pro-active, self-motivated and enthusiastic South African citizens who thrive in a diverse working environment and is fluent in English (written and spoken). Opportunities for promotion and programme development for experienced candidates within this dynamic and growing company, dependant on performance. Expansion plans will open up promotion opportunities for suitable staff!
High level overview:
- Training learners in the form of classroom-based tutorials, and applying the knowledge practically in the field – including game drives and walks
- Ensuring strict health and safety protocol in the field and at campus
- Student outings & logistics
- Maintaining high training and programme standards
- Assisting with social media marketing in the form of writing blogs and supplying photos when on duty
- General Administration & campus management
- Additional responsibilities dependant on experience and interest.
Minimum qualifications required.
We are looking for the most qualified people as possible however this is the minimum required.
Additional skills and experience will reflect in the salary package offered.
- South African resident
- FGASA Field Guide (NQF4), (FGASA Professional Field Guide an advantage)
- FGASA Trails Guide
- Valid ARH
- SASSETA Proficiency
- Drivers licence and PrDP
- Valid First Aid
- DEAT Registered
- Extensive 4x4 Driving experience
- Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to interact with people from diverse back grounds.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Extensive experience in the guiding industry (minimum 5 years – lodge based guiding)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Pro-active, self-motivated, and flexible
- Ability to work independently, but a strong team player
- Good computer skills
Additional skills advantage and will reflect in the salary offered.
- FGASA Assessor
- FGASA professional Field guide qualification.
- Previous training/teaching and management experience
- FGASA assessor
Included in Salary package: Market related monthly salary, dependant on qualifications and will include a medical aid contribution, personal and company performance bonus, contributions to industry related membership renewals and biannual development training, accommodation, uniforms & meals whilst on duty.
Kindly note that due to the high volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you feel you meet these requirements, kindly submit a CV, qualifications with references accompanied by a recent head and shoulder photograph to:
Contact name: Sophie Niemann
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safari JOBS is urgently searching for a mature, dynamic and motivated Head Guide Instructor & an Assistant Guide Instructor for our client - a Field Guide training provider.
The Instructors will be responsible for mentoring, training and assessing students, helping to mould them into successful Field Guides.
If you are passionate about wildlife, enjoy working with learners of all ages and walks of life and enjoy sharing your knowledge, you could be a perfect candidate for one of these positions.
This fantastic institution, one of the leading training academies in its field, is looking for enthusiastic, responsible and energetic candidates who are up to date on all guiding specifications and guidelines and are able to maintain discipline and order.
A friendly and approachable yet firm and fair disposition / character, in terms of personality are mandatory for these positions.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
A. HEAD FIELD GUIDE INSTRUCTOR - SJ19J32
NQF 4, VPDA, FGASA Professional Field Guide, Professional Trails Guide and current advanced rifle handling;
Minimum 5 years, preferably more, related industry experience;
Current NDT registration;
Current FGASA membership
Previous Instructor role experience is advantageous
B. ASSISTANT FIELD GUIDE INSTRUCTOR – SJ19J33
NQF 4, VPDA, FGASA Field Guide (NQF4) preferably Professional Field Guide, FGASA Professional Trails Guide and current advanced rifle handling;
Minimum 5 years, preferably more, related industry experience;
Current NDT registration;
Current PDP (Desirable – not mandatory);
Current FGASA membership;
Previous Instructor role experience is advantageous
SUMMARY DUTIES / /RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITIONS:
(Detailed information on the below will be shared with shortlisted candidates)
General camp duties, staff supervision, food orders and menus, petty cash and drinks / product reconciliation, ensure reserve rules and guidelines are implemented / obeyed & carried out, courses and student related matters, rifles and ammunition control, training, lectures & activities.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS:
(DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND SUITABILITY)
Monthly remuneration: Market related and negotiable CTC salary dependent on the above –
(The company does numerate their staff very fairly, taking into consideration their experience, qualifications and output) - Please advise your minimum – maximum negotiable salary expectation upon application;
Live in position in single tented accommodation with shower, basin & loo – confirmed location and the potential to be in a ‘roaming type’ role between different reserves will / can be discussed at interview level;
(Generally based on personal performance and company performance – discussed at interview level);
WORK / LEAVE CYCLE:
Generally 6 weeks on, 2 week off cycle –
Training schedules are determined by the course types run but the greatest care is given when schedules are planned. If Instructors prefer a shorter period of work and leave cycle this can be considered where possible.
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT APPLYING FOR THIS VACANCY & WOULD LIKE TO GET YOUR APPLICATION IN TO THE EMPLOYER SOONEST, PLEASE URGENTLY FORWARD ALL THE BELOW INFORMATION TO CV@SAFARIJOBS.CO.ZA:
1. JOB ID CODE – in the subject header of your email:
For Head Instructor: SJ19J32 // For Assistant Instructor: SJ19J33;
2. CV: In a neat, up to date and presentable WORD document format;**
3. PHOTO: Recent, presentable head & shoulders photo of yourself – preferably in uniform;
4. SALARY: Your minimum – maximum negotiable salary expectation for this position;
5. WRITTEN REFERENCES: Any you may have on file to send us from previous employers – preference for 2;
6. QUALIFICATIONS: Copies of your most formal related qualifications;
7. AVAILABILITY: A – For interviews and B – To start new positions.
**(VERY, VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE REGARDING CV’S - All places of employ, dates of employ and reasons for leaving must be stipulated in your CV)
There exists two exciting positions for Field Guides at an exclusive 5 star Luxury Lodge in the Cederberg Mountains close to Clanwilliam in the Western Cape.
The area is predominantly fynbos and has a high concentration of ancient Rock Art. The Lodge spans about 7000 hectares, is malaria and predator free and has predominantly plains game. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and passionate guiding team. Many activities are on offer on a daily basis. There are two drives daily – Early morning Rock Art drive and evening Nature Drive with sundowner stop. Other activities include hiking, biking, canoeing, stargazing, night drives, fly fishing and archery.
Candidates must have the following:
FGASA Apprentice Field Guide (NQF2)
Valid first aid certificate
DEAT Registration in the Western Cape
Knowledge on fynbos
Knowledge on Rock Art would be advantageous
Salary is highly negotiable and depending on experience.
Free on site, shared, self-catering accommodation
50% Discovery Medical Aid
7.5% Liberty Life Provident Fund
Candidates will have to work a 24 day on and 8 day off cycle.
Must have valid South African driver’s licence and PDP.
Please email all CV’s to Sikelela Mambalu on email@example.com.
Guide position available at CHIMP EDEN (The Jane Goodall Institute South Africa) just outside Nelspruit, Mpumalanga.
Applicants must be fluent in English and have at least Apprentice Field Guide NQF2, NDT registration, a valid drivers licence, first aid certification, and South African citizenship.