CATHSSETA - SOUTH AFRICA
CATHSSETA – South Africa
CATHSSETA is the Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority.
- We, as FGASA, are accredited through CATHSSETA, to provide Nature Guide training.
- Once you have completed your FGASA qualification, if you are planning on becoming a Field Guide in South Africa, we upload your qualification and achievements, onto the CATHSSETA database.
- They then issue you with a CATHSSETA certificate (separate to the FGASA certificate) which allows you to register as a legal field guide with the National Department of Tourism. (It takes a long time for this certificate to be issued and it is reliant on all documentation submitted being valid and in order)
The CATHSSETA registration process is a long one filled with daily challenges.
The CATHSSETA registration process requires the following from each learner:
- A Signed Learner Agreement. ALL fields on the learner agreement form need to be completed.
- A certified copy of ID/passport within a three month period
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- For any further qualifications accredited with CATHSSETA, for example qualifying as an Advanced Field Guide (NQF4) or Lead Trails Guide, CATHSSETA now requires that you complete a whole new learner agreement, and resubmission of all above documentation.
- FGASA, CATHSSETA and the National Dept of Tourism are three totally separate organisations. Whatever CATHSSETA requests of FGASA and its learners, it totally outside of the control of FGASA.