CATHSSETA - International
CATHSSETA is the Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority.
- We, as FGASA, are accredited through CATHSSETA, to provide Nature Guide training.
- Once you have completed your FGASA qualification, if you are planning on becoming a Field Guide in South Africa, we upload your qualification and achievements, onto the CATHSSETA database.
- They then issue you with a CATHSSETA certificate (separate to the FGASA certificate) which allows you to register as a legal Field Guide with the National Department of Tourism. (It takes a long time for this certificate to be issued and it is reliant on all documentation submitted being valid and in order)
HOWEVER, FGASA would recommend that if you are NOT planning on becoming a Field Guide, and actually working in South Africa, that you do NOT request registration with CATHSSETA
The CATHSSETA registration process is a long one filled with daily challenges.
The CATHSSETA registration process requires the following from each learner:
- A Signed Learner Agreement (This is the FGASA registration form). ALL fields on the learner agreement form need to be completed.
- Certified copy of passport, stamped date valid for a three month period within registration date with FGASA.
FGASA, CATHSSETA and the National Department of Tourism are three totally separate organisations. Whatever CATHSSETA requests of FGASA and its learners, it totally outside of the control of FGASA.