THE FGASA JOB MARKET
FIELD GUIDE - WILDEARTH TV (2015/05/21)
|WildEarth TV are looking for field guides to join our presenting team in the Sabi Sands. This is an opportunity for worldwide television exposure for the successful candidates. Applicants should be minimum FGASA level 1, however we have a preference for trails guide experience. |
cv's to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAT-DMC AND SOUTH AFRICAN TRAVELLERS - CAPE TOWN AND HOEDSPRUIT (2015/05/06)
SAT-DMC and South African Travellers (Inbound TO based in Cape Town and Hoedspruit) are actively looking for independent French-speaking guides to adress their customer needs over South Africa.
Please send your contact details to email@example.com or alternatively call Nicolas on 0713679300
GERMAN AND FRENCH MOBILE GUIDES - SUNWAY SAFARIS (2015/05/06)
Sunway Safaris operates small group mobile overland safaris throughout Southern Africa. With 21 years in overland operations we have offices in Johannesburg and Maun (Botswana).
Sunway guides have a wide range of opportunities, from leading bush walks in the Okavango to open 4WD game drives in the Botswana national parks, from exploring the Namib desert to dhow sailing off Mozambique coast, from Drakensberg hikes to Lower Zambezi canoeing – we offer the best safari guiding opportunity!
We are currently looking for young, dynamic individuals with strong personalities and the ability to work under the pressure of client demands. We will consider both experienced tour leaders and newly qualified guides. Gain guiding experience with “on the road” training provided. Join our dynamic company and work as part of a team of two guides on each truck. German or French language skill an advantage but not essential but good English communication skills a must.
Please also see employment section on our website www.sunway-safaris.com email a brief CV to hr@sunway-Safaris.com
HEAD GUIDE: MONGENA GAME LODGE (2015/05/05)
Position available for an experienced Head Guide at Mongena Game Lodge within the Dinokeng Big 5 Reserve. The Head Guide will be responsible for all aspects related to the creation and facilitation of the guiding experience which includes the mentoring of younger guides. Applicants should have a minimum of FGASA Level 2, full lead Trails Qualification, ARH, a valid first aid certificate, DEAT registration and valid PDP. Remuneration is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Please address your detailed CV's to Gavin Sterley at firstname.lastname@example.org and should you need further information regarding the role contact Gavin on 012 711 8920.
LODGE ASSISTANT/ RANGER - BONWA PHALA LODGE (2015/04/21)
Single Male / Student
Ability to assist with maintenance of lodge, chalets and Vehicles
Presentable with excellent communication skills – Hosting of guests
Drivers Licence / PDP advantage
Be willing to learn
Bela Bela, Limpopo.
Contact Marina at email@example.com
FIELD GUIDE - JANE GOODALL INSTITUTE (2015/04/15)
The Jane Goodall Institute South Africa is looking for a guide for our Chimp Eden Sanctuary in Nelspruit area, Mpumalanga.
Male or female, mid twenties or older
Matric Grade 12
University qualification in Zoology, Nature Conservation etc. will be an strong advantage
Qualified FGASA Level 1 or higher
A rifle competency certificate
Valid driver’s license
First Aid certification
Fluent in English, both read and write. Other languages will be an advantage
Experience as a guide, animal field work, will be an advantage
Salary to be confirmed
Please ensure that the following information is on your submitted CV:
Dates of employment if relevant
A list of duties you were responsible for
The reason you left / want to leave (for each position)
Which province/s you are registered in
Your up-to-date qualifications (FGASA levels, first aid etc)
Your last salary (basic, and if you earned tips or commission, and if you are living-in)
Your expected Salary
Photograph of yourself
Written References if you have any / OR contactable references
Please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
LEVEL 3 GUIDE - BO TRAVAIL (2015/04/16)
For a television documentary to be filmed in June in South Africa, focusing on Human/Animal relationship in South Africa,
"BO TRAVAIL!", a french production company, is currently looking for a fixer, ie. a local guide/translator/logistics manager.
His task will be to guide the production crew all around South Africa, and in general take care of all logistics (food, accomodation, car) so the production crew can focus on the actual filming.
We also need someone with a passion for nature and animals, charisma, and willing to be on camera at some point, because the candidate will probably have to serve as a character in the documentary.
The ideal candidate should have:
-FGASA level 3
-enough experience as a tour guide.
-be willing to prepare lunches, organize last minute accomodation if needed, drive the car.
-be willing to serve as camera assistant: carry tripod around if needed, etc.
-language skills: african languages (Xhosa, Zoulou, Sotho), afrikaans.
-organizational skills: the person will have to make the phone calls each day to prepare the following days shoots, and will also have to collect all expenses slips.
And, to top it all, be a 'cool' guy, because it will be one full month of intense work, on a 24h basis with the production crew!
Salary to be discussed with the production.
Position available: month of June, possibly 2 or 3 weeks in May for prep work, and possibly a few days in July for translation work.
Contct Julie Naar via email email@example.com
GUIDES - KAPAMA (2015/04/08)
We are on the lookout for 3 x Field guides and one Head Guide in various lodges around Kapama Game Reserve, Can you maybe offer any assistance with an advertisement on the FGASA website again? Your help would be much appreciated 3 x Guides : Minimum Qualifications:
• FGASA level 1 - Nature Guide
• Valid PDP
• Valid First aid
• Rifle Competency / SAPS clearance
• DEAT registered
• South African Citizens ONLY The following would be an huge advantage.:
• Full Trails Qualifications - Lead Rifle (or at least back - up)
• FGASA 2 / 3
• Relevant Experience in similar positions
Salary range between R48 000 to R72 000 per annum - depending on experience and qualifications (Live in) 1 x Head Ranger : Minimum Qualifications
• FGASA level 2 Minimum
• Valid PDP
• Valid First aid
• Rifle Competency / SAPS clearance
• DEAT registered
• Full Trails Qualifications - Lead Rifle
• 2 Years relevant experience in Head Guide position with contactable references
• South African Citizens ONLY
• Excellent people management skills
• Mature with sound leadership skills The following would be an advantage.:
• FGASA 3 / SKS / Specialists
Salary range between R 72 000 to R 85 000 per annum (Negotiable) - depending on experience and qualifications (Live- In)
Please send CV to:
Johan Esterhuizen at Johan.Esterhuizen@kapama.co.za
FIELD GUIDE - SINGITA KRUGER NATIONAL PARK LEBOMBO & SWENI LODGES (2015/04/03)
A field guide provides a core service to the lodge/s, which is in effect the department’s “customer”. The field guides are fully responsible for conducting guided safari experiences at Singita that are unique, personalized, professional and enjoyable, and are accountable to the Head Ranger for the delivery of such experiences to the guests.
The main purpose of the field guide is to ensure that an all-encompassing wildlife experience is offered to every guest with the focus on catering to the specific needs of each individual guest. The entire experience should be delivered with humility, professionalism and flexibility, with the end result being an educational experience for all. The guiding service should be delivered with an uncompromising sensitivity towards the environment. Field guides are expected to be involved in an ongoing process of self –improvement and knowledge enhancement. They are responsible for their own continuous education and that of their tracker.
Game drive vehicles and related equipment are to be well-maintained and cared for at all times, in line with the required Singita Standards. Finally, field guides need to ensure that there is effective communication with lodge management in terms of all guest and guiding requirements. This position is accountable to the Head Guide.
Scope of work:
1. Ensures the highest quality of game experience for the guests.
2. Hosts guests in line with the Singita Standard of Excellence.
3. Shows an exceptional appreciation and sensitivity to the environment at all times.
4. Ensures that guest and staff safety is always a priority.
5. Communicates with Front of House staff to ensure the best possible experience for guests.
6. Conscientious maintenance and care of vehicles and related equipment.
7. Carries out administration duties timeously and effectively.
8. Undertakes a process of continuous education of self and other members of staff.
9. Achieves service excellence though Teamwork.
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
• A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide in a similar lodge environment
• A level 2 FGASA qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
• Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving his/her qualifications
• Passed the Kruger National Park rifle assessment as well as the trails guide examination
• Trails guide certificate
• Valid first aid certificate
• SASSETA Certificates
• A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
• Signed Singita Driver’s Code of Conduct
• Excellent communication and people handling skills
• An inherent passion for observing, sharing and learning about wildlife
• The ability to work on his/her own with enthusiasm
• Flexible in that he/she is willing to change plans on the spur of the moment and is willing to innovate in the interests of the guest and the company
• Confident but humble
• Co-operative – and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests
• Organized – with attention to detail and time
• A developmental approach to his/her staff and colleagues
• Professional and neat in personal appearance and image
Standard Company Benefits:
Cost to Company Package
Provident Fund – Alexander Forbes
Medical Aid – Discovery Health
Please forward your CV and motivational letter for the above mentioned position to Andrea van Alphen at firstname.lastname@example.org