THE FGASA JOB MARKET
SEVERAL POSITION IN HOEDSPRUIT AREA RANGING FROM HEAD GUIDES TO JUNIOR GUIDES AND EXPERIENCED FIELD GUIDES
|Luxury 5* game lodge situated within Big 5 Reserve, in Hoedspruit, Limpopo, seeks suitably qualified and experienced Field Guides to join our team. |
· Day/Night guided game drives
· Assist with safari related activities
· Hosting of guests
· Routine & Preventative vehicle maintenance
Requirements for this position:
· Min two years experience as field guide in a big five area
· Min FGASA NQF2
· POSLEC/ SASSETA
· Backup Trails
· First Aid Level 1
· DEAT/NDT registered
· Code 08 licence with valid PDP
· Must be well spoken and presentable
· Be mature & professional with sober habits
Leave cycle: 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Salary: R 6 500.00 per month CTC - Negotiable depending on experience
Meals, uniform, accommodation included
Please send summarised CV, copy of your ID and necessary qualifications with your application.
Cell: +27 83 604 3134
Email: email@example.com | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not received a response within 14 days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
FIELD GUIDE - VAALWATER, WATERBERG
|Private game reserve with newly opened luxury lodge consisting of 12 rooms. |
To be considered you must have the follow:
Salary: R8,000 per month that includes contributions to medical aid and pension fund. Negotiable to the right candidate depending on qualifications and experience, the package will also include: Please only apply if you fit the above description and requirements, send through your CV, photo and 2 written references to be considered to email@example.com
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide in a similar 4 or 5* lodge environment
- A FGASA level 1 (level 2 preferred) qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
- Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving his/her qualifications
- Full Trails guide certificate (preferred)
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid Advance Rifle Handling certificate (preferred)
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
Closing date: 15 April 2017
MOUNTAIN ZEBRA NATIONAL PARK
|SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL PARKS - MOUNTAIN ZEBRA NATIONAL PARK |
VACANCY: FIELD GUIDE
PATERSON GRADING: B3
SALARY SCALE: MIN R94 804.40 per year
CLOSING DATE: 06 MARCH 2017 A challenging vacancy currently exists for a Field Guide at Mountain Zebra National Park. The successful candidate will be required to reside in accommodation inside the park. The successful candidate will be responsible for, inter alia, the following:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job:
- Plan, control and conduct guided activities including walks, game drives, cheetah tracking and cultural heritage excursions.
- Assist with marketing available activities to guests.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of guests on activities.
- Ensure that vehicles, rifles, first aid kits and other related equipment are kept clean and in a good working order.
- Perform related administration duties.
- Assist the Conservation Department with conservation duties when not partaking in guided activities.
- Assist the People and Conservation Officer with guided school groups and activities as required.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as required.
- THETA Nature Site Guide (Dangerous Game Area) TGD/NSGDGm/4/0037/ NQF Level 4 certificate (must include View Potentially Dangerous Unit Standards).
- Grade 12
- DEA Registration as a Tourist Guide.
- Valid EC Driver License (Code 10) with Valid Public Drivers Permit (PDP).
- Candidates must have SASSETA competencies 117705 (Knowledge of Firearm Act), 119651 (Handle/use of manually operated rifle, 123511 (Handle manually operated rifle for business purposes).
- Three years related guiding experience in a dangerous game area.
- Proficiency in English is compulsory. Knowledge of any other African, European or South African official languages will serve as an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fully computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Packages.
Candidates should be physically and mentally fit and be prepared to undergo a fitness and rifle handling test during the interview process. Candidates will be subjected to security checks and police clearance.
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B3 job grade, and allowances and benefits as specified in HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Service of SANParks.
Persons who meet the above requirements can forward their applications together with a cover letter, CV and certified copies of their ID and relevant qualifications to the following address:
Human Resources Division
Attention: Andiswa Beki
Mountain Zebra National Park
Private Bag X 66, Cradock, 5880
Tel: 048 801 5700
Fax-to-e-mail: 086 618 8719
If you have not received a response within 21 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
SAFARILIVE GUIDING OPPORTUNITY
|WildEarth are looking for a presenter/field guide to host our (filmed) Live Safari broadcasts for clients such as National Geographic channel in 2017. We are based in the SabiSands and are open to CV's with the following minimum qualifications please: at least 2 years field guiding at a respectable lodge, FGASA Level 2 (theory), a valid first aid certificate and a PrDP. Your CV can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to call 082 326 6292 for more information about the opportunity. |
Feel free to view any of our live safari's at www.wildsafarilive.com daily between 05h30 - 08h30 and 16h00 - 19h00. Preference will be given to Trails Guides who are keen on potential careers hosting wildlife shows in front of a video camera to an audience and, who have an interest in photo/videography.
Salary: approx. R30 000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATION POSITION
|We are a tour operator based in Glenferness area (near Kyalami) looking for a candidate to fill an Operations Administration position within our office. |
Your main role would be the assistance in organising and maintaining a fleet of vehicles and paperwork and accounts related to this. Therefore previous vehicle fleet experience and / or booking keeping could be advantageous.
The candidate would be assisting the Operations Manager with Administration. There are mainly administration tasks in the position, but some operational and manual tasks involved as well.
Administration experience is necessary. The role for this Operations Assistant requires a logical thinker with specific attention to detail while at the same time being able to “think out the box”. There is an integral scheduling element; therefore good organisational and planning in advance for “the bigger picture” would be necessary. Candidate will work within a team environment therefore an excellent level of communication is needed, with a strong logistical brain. Applicant must be organised and will be dealing with administration in an office environment. They must be adept at computer skills and have knowledge of working with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word and Outlook).
Travel experience in Southern Africa or previous guiding/vehicle experience would be beneficial but not a requirement.
C1 Licence would be advantageous but not a requirement
Applicant must be honest, trustworthy & reliable, and willing to work under pressure to reach deadlines.
Salary R8000-10000 depending on experience.
Please send your summarised CV for attention Doug at email@example.com and we will contact you.
Should you not be contacted back within 14 days of application please consider your application for this position as unsuccessful. We keep a record of all CV's and may contact you in the future should suitable positions come available.
ROYAL MALEWANE FIELD GUIDE POSITION
|Royal Malewane Field Guide position |
· To participate in the day to day operations of the rangers & trackers department and to ensure that the highest possible standard is obtained.
· To maintain and improve the standards of game viewing and tracking.
· To give guests a complete experience and a perfect stay by ensuring guests are experiencing the highest standard of the safari experience
· To ensure that guests are safe and secure at all times and that the Ranger is in control
· To ensure all interaction with guests are professional, warm, welcoming and personalized
· To be able to host guests when required
· To regularly update all courses, for example firearm and first aid training.
· To create a friendly and inviting environment and to uphold the image of Royal Malewane at all times
· To assist other departments
· To take full responsibility for the game-drive vehicles, fire-arms, and all other equipment
· To ensure that all rangers and trackers understand legal procedures at the lodge
· To do bush walks with guests
Requirements & Qualifications for this position
· We are looking for individuals that have a thorough knowledge of local fauna and flora, and all other aspects that will ensure a complete guiding experience.
· The best candidate must be passionate, energetic and hardworking and have strong communication skills, as well as organisational and leadership qualities.
· The ideal candidate should have a minimum FGASA level 3 qualification.
· Remuneration will be based on years of active guiding in a dangerous game area, with SKS DG & SKS birding qualifications being an advantage.
· The best candidate should be able to stay calm under pressure. It is important for The Royal Portfolio to ensure the right candidate will see themselves as part of a team and fit into our culture.
Human Resource Assistant
Tel: +27 15 793 0150 (ext 145)
Email: Kathrine@royalmalewane.com | Website: www.royalmalewane.com
SHAMWARI GAME RESERVE INTERNAL & EXTERNAL VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT
|Job Title: Co-ordinator |
Position reports to: SCE Operations Manager
- Minimum criteria required:
- Candidates should preferably be in possession of a Conservation, Wildlife or Environmental education related diploma, degree or like qualification.
- Candidates should be fully registered field guides with DEAT, in possession of a valid FGASA Level 1 and all valid certification to legally operate as a field guide, with at least one year of experience in the field.
- Previous experience in the conservation, volunteering and community sectors, will hold candidates in favour.
- Key Performance Areas: amongst other,
- Aid in planning and execution of all guest related activities on and off reserve, including extra mural activities as required.
- Conducting talks, lectures and presentations on subjects relating to Conservation and various subject related matter.
- Conducting community, sports and other interactions as required
- Working in conjunction with Shamwari Wildlife and other departments, including film crews and other strategic partners.
- Work closely in conjunction with and report to the SCE Head Coordinator with regard daily responsibilities.
- Identify and set out itineraries, develop and pioneering new guest experiences.
- Host and conduct site inspection and educational visits as is required.
- Ensure good use and maintenance of SC equipment relating to guest experiences, including company vehicles and any other Shamwari assets
- Conduct all guest activities to fall within the required health and safety standards.
- Conduct any required administrative, operational and procurement duties in alignment with operational needs and capabilities.
- Identify and report any sales or related potential to the Product Development Manager.
- Carrying out any related duties that might be annexed as result of operational requirements
Candidates showing a passion for nature with the ability to suitably conduct behind the scenes wildlife and community related experiences will be best suited for the position. We require a self- starter type team member who can bring a new dynamic to the unit through their unique skills sets, as to add value to guest experiences and develop new experiences to meet unit objectives for the future. The position offers a rare balance of working in nature with the potential to enjoy a touch of lifestyle.
- Valid driver’s licence Code 08/EB (including an ability to tow a trailer)
- Valid Pr.DP (Professional drivers Permit)
- Valid First Aid certificate (min Level 1)
- Along with any FGASA and legal guiding requirements/ competencies at time of application, possession of relevant firearm unit standards is key.
- Possession of a valid trails guiding certificate will hold candidates in good stead.
As part of a small team, student co-ordinating staff will be required to multi task from time to time and need to undertake such duties as and when is required.
In house briefing and orientation will be given on all aspects of employee duties.
Shamwari shall apply the employment equity principles as set out in the Employment Equity Policy and Plan.
Interested applicants should submit CV’s to:
Quinton Gillson on firstname.lastname@example.org and
Nadia Muller on email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th March 2017
FRENCH-SPEAKING DRIVERS AND/OR GUIDES IN SOUTH AFRICA
|Bonjour , |
nous sommes un TO basé à Windhoek depuis 2003 et aimerions développer le marché francophone sur l'Afrique du Sud .
Nous avons un problème de chauffeur/guide freelance francophone sur ce pays car la demande est récurrente .
Si cela vous intéresse vous pouvez me contacter par mail : Thierry JOLAINE firstname.lastname@example.org . J'habite en France
et suis en charge du développement de ce marché . www.dunas-safari.com .
GROOTBOS NATURE RESERVE NATURE GUIDE/LODGE HOST
|Nature Guide/Lodge Host |
Do you have a passion for nature?
This is a unique opportunity to pursue your passion for nature in an internationally recognised hospitality setting.
Grootbos Nature Reserve, is the leading South African fynbos botanical and marine ecotourism destination. It has won numerous international awards in nature conservation and responsible tourism (see grootbos.com and
grootbosfoundation.org.za) and combines this amazing setting with a five star hospitality experience.
We are looking for expertise in the fields of fynbos, birding, Zoology and Entomology. Guiding experience is an advantage but not an essential requirement. Salaries will be offered in line with relevant qualifications and experience. Accommodation is optional and a PDP is essential. Knowledge of European or Asian languages is an advantage.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the last day to submit applications is Tuesday, 28th of February 2017. Email email@example.com to apply
GUIDE AND ASSISTANT POSITION TO FILL WITH LEADING EASTERN CAPE TOUR OPERATOR
|Guide and assistant Position To fill with Leading Eastern Cape Tour Operator |
Successful applicant is required to have:
- FGASA level 1 or 2 qualifications.
- Valid Cathsseta certificate, Professional drivers permit and First Aid certificates
- 3 to 5 years guiding experience, preferably in the Eastern Cape.
- Be familiar with the mechanics of motor vehicles and their maintenance.
- Be familiar with the marketing of a tourism product.
- An open and engaging personality, be mature and somewhat world wise.
- Reliable transport.
- Accommodation in Port Elizabeth.
- Pay a competitive monthly salary.
- Pay a competitive guiding fee for each tour and transfer completed.
- Pay a month bonus or part thereof at the end of the year.
- Make monthly contributions to UIF and PAYE
- Review the package on an annual basis
- Require the successful candidate to work a three month probationary period.
The position requires a candidate to guide mostly foreign guests to a wide variety of mainly nature based destinations in and around the Eastern Cape including marine excursions, Camping trips and including Big 5 game reserves.
The position requires the successful candidate to have a working knowledge of motor vehicles, the licencing and maintenance of the vehicles and other work related jobs that need attending to.
The successful candidate will at all time be required to keep his / her qualifications, driver’s licenses and First Aid certificates current and up to date.
Alan Fogarty firstname.lastname@example.org