THE FGASA JOB MARKET
HEAD RANGER VACANCY - SHEPHERDS TREE
Big 5 - Pilanesberg National Park
Shepherds Tree Game Lodge*****
• Fgasa Level 2 or Higher – Members Subs paid up and current!
• Backup Trails - Theory and Practical – Preference to Full Trails qualifications
• ARH and SAPS Rifle Competency
• Valid PDP
• Valid first aid Certificate
• Valid Deat / Theta Registration
• At least 2 years’ experience in a “Head / Senior” guides position
Salary : R 90 000 per annum (negotiable depending on Qualifications)
Single - Live in position / meals / accommodation / uniforms provided
Please forward CV with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
BUSHMANS KLOOF FIELD GUIDE POSITION
Expiry date: 30 May 2016
There exists a position for a Field Guide at Bushmans Kloof. The candidate will take guests out on a morning Rock Art Drive and an evening Nature Drive. The candidate will also have hosting duties in the evening and arrange a variety of activities for guests. Candidates must be highly presentable and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates must have the following:
FGASA Level 1
Valid First Aid
Valid DEAT registration – Western Cape
At least 1-2 years Field Guide experience in a Lodge environment.
Knowledge of Fynbos and endemic game of the Western Cape
Knowledge of Bushmans Rock Art would be preferable.
The following package is offered:
Market related salary
Free self-catering shared on site accommodation
50% Discovery Medical Aid
Provident Fund 7.5%
Laundry and wi fi.
Candidates will be expected to work a 24 day on and 8 day off work cycle. All CV’s must reach the the Assistant General Manager via email: email@example.com
PLACEME HOSPITALITY AND RESERVE PLACEMENTS
|We are looking for 2 x Level 2, Trails Guides for a leading 5 star luxury lodge based in Northern KZN. |
Requirements: FGASA Level 2, Full Trails, ARH, Competency certificate (SAPS)
Duties: To conduct game drives and game walks in a Big Five Game reserve, to uphold the company conservation practices, provide guests with interesting information and assist the wildlife department during quiet periods with general reserve work.
Character and traits: Hard-working, of sober habits, reliable, honest, enthusiastic and willing to give guests more than just a safari experience, but also a conservation and cultural message.
Must speak English fluently.
Speaking Zulu will be an advantage.
Position includes accommodation, meals and a salary of R7000-R8500 per month.
Work 3 weeks on and get 1 week off.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : 072 0746297
Website : http://www.placeme.co.za
PLACEME HOSPITALITY AND RESERVE PLACEMENTS ARE SEEKING A QUALIFIED GUIDE
|Placeme Hospitality and Reserve Placements are seeking a qualified Guide for an established and intimate lodge set on the banks of Lake St. Lucia. |
Experience in Full day safaris as well as hosting in the evenings.
Salary R5k-R7k per month depending on experience.
Minimum requirement of FGASA Level 1
PlaceMe Hospitality and Reserve Placements
Email : email@example.com
Mobile : 072 0746297
BIG 5 GAME RESERVE IN THE EASTERN CAPE IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR GUIDES
|We are looking for young enthusiastic energetic guides to join our team. |
All interested candidates can send CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FGASA level 1 /2
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Drivers Licence / PDP
- Candidates must be DEAT registered
Contact Kelly – 072 650 2295 for more information regarding the position.
LION AND BLACK RHINO VOLUNTEER MONITORING PROGRAMME
|We are looking for a passionate and hard working Junior Guide for a work opportunity in our Lion and Rhino conservation monitoring programme. The guide won't only guiding, but he will develop research, organization and analysis skills. The main objective is to track Lions, Rhinos, Elephants, Cheetahs and collect data on other species as well, with the help of the volunteers who join our project. |
The main activities in our programme:
- Game Drives to monitor animals
- Specifically monitor the Black Rhinos
- Reserve management activities
- Walks with volunteers
- Data analysis and Reports
- Creation of ID Kits for animals
Start date: immediately
- FGASA Level 1 (Theory and Practical completed)
- SASSETA rifle competency certificate and government certificate
- Valid DEAT registration
- Valid PDP license
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Previous experience as Field Guide or in similar research and monitoring environment will be an advantage
- Computer literacy skills including Excel, Word, Power point, Mapping programme
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- 4x4 and off-road driving experience
Duration: 1 year with the possibility (and serious intention) of renewal - we are looking for a long term position
Trial period: 3 months
30 working days - 5 days of leave
Contacts: email@example.com Phone Number: Sabrina +27 79 877 2717
BIG 5 GAME RESERVE SITUATED NEAR PORT ELIZABETH REQUIRES LEVEL 1+ FIELD GUIDES
|A luxury 5 star game reserve situated in the Eastern Cape requires qualified level 1 field guides to conduct game drives and tours for the guests. |
More information can be obtained by contacting +27 83 739 4589.
- Drivers license with PDP
- FGASA level 1 qualification
CVs can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
BIG 5 GAME RESERVE SITUATED IN LIMPOPO PROVINCE
|BIG 5 GAME RESERVE SITUATED IN LIMPOPO PROVINCE |
A luxury 4 star game reserve Limpopo requiring a qualified level 1 field guide.
FGASA level 1 qualification
Drivers’ license with PDP
Curriculum Vitaes to be submitted to Gretha@itaga.co.za
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
FIELD GUIDE JOB LIMPOPO - PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
|Field Guide Job LIMPOPO - Private Game Reserve |
Field Guide Job LIMPOPO became available at this beautiful Private Game Reserve, in the middle of the glorious Waterberg Mountains.
Working as a Field Guide you will report to the head ranger and it is your responsibility to guide and provide memorable and informative game drives and bush walks for lodge guests. You will be responsible for the safety and well being of guests in your care and must make the guests stay as comfortable as possible. You will also be required to assist with lodge and vehicle maintenance and take part in any game reserve projects as required from road maintenance to bush clearing.
Candidates for this position should be passionate about wildlife, enjoy working with people and sharing their knowledge. They must be aware of current guiding specifications and guidelines, be enthusiastic and energetic and have an excellent sense of customer care in providing an excellent service to guests from around the globe.
- FGASA Level 1
- Code 10 PDP driver's license
Salary: R 6000, live in + commission, tips, meals and uniform
To apply for Field Guide Job LIMPOPO - Private Game Reserve, send your CV with recent photo and relevant qualifications / references to email@example.com
PEAK SOUTHERN AFRICA - TOUR LEADERS / DRIVER WANTED
|Tour leaders / Driver wanted. |
Peak Southern Africa is looking for new tour leaders and driver for the forthcoming season.
We operate overland tours throughout Southern Africa in purpose built trucks.
Tour leaders are responsible for the safety of the clients and smooth running of the tour. The driver’s main responsibility is to make sure that the trucks are driven safely on a day to day period. This combination of a Tour leader and a Driver makes our tours excel in client satisfaction.
We are looking for individuals with a tourism qualification of at least Fgasa Level 1 or similar and registered with DEAT, a valid First Aid certificate, a valid Code 10 Driver’s Licence with PDrP and a valid passport.
Candidates with a passion for working with people are welcome to forward the CV’s to:
Call: 082 822 9407 / 011 471 7400
OPPORTUNITY FOR PERMANENT AND CONTRACT GUIDING POSITIONS IN A BIG 5 NATURE RESERVE
Opportunity for Permanent and Contract Guiding positions in a Big 5 nature reserve.
Candidates will be contracted to support group leaders or lead groups on field based research, and provide pastoral care to students and volunteers.
The position is based primarily in Limpopo, Greater Kruger, but may involve traveling to other areas. A confident individual is needed that will be able to work independent of supervision. Strict conduct rules will apply when onsite.
- Candidates need to have completed the ARH and Back-up trails courses from FGASA.
- Candidates must be over 21 and have a valid PDP code 8 license.
- Depending on experience.
- All on duty meals and lodging included.
- Field expenses are covered by the employer.
- Further benefits will be discussed when contracted.
Please Contact Stephan Van Straaten at firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFARILIVE GUIDING OPPORTUNITY
|safariLive Guiding Opportunity |
WildEarth are looking for a live-in presenter/field guide to host our (filmed) Live Safari broadcasts for clients such as National Geographic channel. We are based in the SabiSands and are open to CV's with the following minimum qualifications please: at least 2 years field guiding at a respectable lodge, FGASA Level 2 (theory), a valid first aid certificate and a PrDP. Your CV can be sent to email@example.com. You can call 082 326 6292 for more information about the opportunity.
Feel free to view any of our live safari's at www.wildsafarilive.com between 05h00 - 08h00 and 16h00 - 19h00 daily. Preference will be given to Trails Guides who are keen on potential careers hosting wildlife shows in front of a video camera to an audience and who have an interest in photo/videography.
Salary: R15 000 - R25 000 per month
VACANCY FOR A FIELD GUIDE AT NKOMAZI GAME RESERVE
|Trails Guide / Level 2 with experience. We are offering market related salary, 50% medical aid, provident fund, food allowance, accommodation and uniform. |
The ideal would be if the guide has a partner that is either a spa therapist or an F&B manager.
Please contact: Arline Schutte
RANGER JOB GRAHAMSTOWN - PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
|You will be responsible for delivering an interpretive safari experience for guests that will exceed all their expectations. |
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Qualifications and experience required
- Taking guests on game drives and/or walks daily delivering an interpretive safari experience.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of guests in your care and must make the guest stay as comfortable as possible, thus exceeding expectations.
- Coordinating and delivering safari activities for all age groups and nationalities.
- Safari activities for children (game drives, fishing and other specific activities as part of the Reserve’s Children’s program)
- Actively support Reserve’s Conservation and Community Initiatives and programmes
- Hosting of guests during pre dinner drinks and/or meals and/or special events.
- Assisting with guest/staff transfers when required
- Assisting with habitat management when required
- Minimum 2 years guiding experience with reputable companies (of which at least 12 months unbroken service)
- Minimum 1 year Trails Guiding experience
- In possession of all required SA guiding certificates and memberships/affiliations (eg FGASA Level 1)
- Valid PDP
- Valid Code 08 Drivers’ License
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Rifle competency
- Advanced Rifle Handling (ARH)
- Monthly Package depending on experience R 5000 - 8000 per month
- Food Allowance
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
- Unfurnished Accommodation
To apply for Ranger Job GRAHAMSTOWN - Private Game Reserve, send your CV in Word format, recent photo and relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
PEAK SOUTHERN AFRICA IS LOOKING FOR A MANAGER
|PEAK Southern Africa is looking for a manager to manage their Kruger Base in Hoedspruit. The ideal candidate will be a young, energetic and a career driven individual that will be able to use this position to grow and perhaps develop within the company. The candidate should have experience as a Field Guide within Kruger park, with the required qualifications. Should have good computer and communication skills. The manager will be responsible for managing a team of 5 field guides and a fleet of 7 vehicles. This base is primarily responsible for the logistics around the Kruger Products of the company. |
Interested candidates can forward their CV to email@example.com
Applications closes 15 February 2016
A FIELD GUIDE TO ACCOMPANY 8 INTERNATIONAL VETERINARY STUDENTS ON TOURS BASED ON CONSERVATION AND WILDLIFE VETERINARY SCIENCES
|We are recruiting a field guide to accompany 8 international veterinary students on tours based on conservation and wildlife veterinary sciences |
This is a temporary position (May – September) and involves travelling from Northern KZN to KNP and Northern Province.
The position offers a competitive salary and includes accommodation throughout the duration of the position and food during tour dates.
- FGASA level 1 or higher
- Guiding experience of 1 year+
- A valid PDP licence
- A valid first aid certificate
- Demonstrated communication, leadership, problem solving and decision making skills
- A very outgoing personality
- Must be able to work independently and show initiative
- Have the ability to handle daily stresses and long hours with a high amount of energy
- A passion for conservation
- A basic knowledge of Afrikaans preferable
Interested applicants can send their CV, letter of motivation and a recent head and shoulders photo of themselves to firstname.lastname@example.org
VACANCY: ECO FIELD GUIDE
|Vacancy: Eco Field Guide |
Loskop Country, a Forever Collection has an exciting employment opportunity available for a suitably qualified and experienced field guide with horse trail experience.
- Grade 12
- FGASA level 1
- First Aid level 2
- Code B driver’s license with PDP
- Mpumalanga registered tourist guide
- Welcoming & hosting of guests
- Conduct guided and nature interpretative activities
- Assist with hunting activities
- Supervise and perform general game reserve- & lodge maintenance tasks
- Assist with the management of horses and the implementation of horse trails
The successful candidate will receive a market related salary with medical aid and pension fund.
25 February 2016
Please submit a detailed CV, with contactable references, to the Loskop Country Manager at email@example.com.
SAFARI OPERATOR REQUIRES PERMANENT FGASA LEVEL 2 GUIDES
Safari operator requires permanent FGASA level 2 guides to conduct guided vehicle safaris in National Parks and in a big 5 environment, host clients, assist with minor vehicle maintenance where needed, assist with daily operations and collect and drop off clients at airport. This is a live in position.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide
A level 1 FGASA qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
Has a CATHSSETA certifcate and is registered with NDT
Minimum First Aid Level 1
· Salary: negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
· Country: South Africa
· Province: Mpumalanga
· Date Posted:
· Employer type: Safari operator
Please contact Robert Wienand
A JUNIOR GUIDE AND A QUALIFIED SPA THERAPIST
|This is a couples position. Singles are welcome to apply |
A junior Guide with all relevant qualifications
A qualified Spa Therapist
Salary: To be discussed during interview
Uniforms: Basic provided
Meals: Provided when on duty
Leave Cycle: 21 days on and 6 days off schedule
Qualifications for Guide:
FGASA Level 1
First Aid Level 1
Qualifications for Spa therapist:
Qualified Junior Spa Therapist
Please send all the cv's to:
FIVE STAR GAME LODGE IN THE PILANESBERG NATIONAL PARK IS LOOKING FOR A JUNIOR RANGER
|Five Star Game Lodge in the Pilanesberg National Park is looking for a Junior Ranger |
Salary: R4000.00 per month (after 3 month probation period increased to R 4500.00)
Meals whilst on duty and furnished single accommodation provided.
Leave: 3 weeks on, 1 week off.
The Guide's duties will be as follows:
- Provide guests with a complete experience and a perfect stay by ensuring guests are experiencing the highest standard of game viewing
- Host guests when required
- Assist other departments
- Take full responsibility for the game vehicles and equipment
FGASA Level 1
Registered with NDT (DEAT)
Valid First Aid Certificate
Valid driver’s license with valid public drivers’ license (PDP)
Fire arm proficiency certificate (with SASSETA)
Please send your CV and appropriate references to:
NATURE RESERVE IN KROMDRAAI SEEKS FIELD GUIDE
| Nature Reserve in Kromdraai seeks Field Guide. |
Duties and Responsibilities:
Basic guiding duties and responsibilities – it encompasses aspects such as guiding guests & hosting them.
Cave duties at the Wonder Cave situated on the Nature Reserve
Requirements:FGASA Level1, First Aid, PDP and Code 10 drivers’ license a prerequisite.
Benefits: Salary R5300, 00 p/m plus overtime, 1x meal per day, uniform and accommodation if available. Weekend work essential
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 011 957-0019.
Closing date: 11 March’ 16
If you have received no communication from us within two weeks, your application was unsuccessful.
HEAD GUIDE WITH FULL TRAILS FOR 5* LODGE IN THE BIG 5 MADIKWE GAME RESERVE, NORTH WEST
|Head Guide with Full Trails for 5* lodge in the big 5 Madikwe Game Reserve, North West |
Need to have good experience with big game at a 4*/5*property with excellent written references. Require valid PDP, first aid, ARH, FGASA certification, DEAT registered, Trails guide qualification. Must be a team player, enthusiastic, well spoken English, reliable, sober habits and committed. Will do game drives, guided walks, oversee the guide team, maintenance (fences, roads, etc) and be involved in lodge life.
Accommodation, meals, tips, bonus at discretion of management, contribution to provident fund and medical aid. Work cycle is 3 weeks on/1 week off. Salary dependant on experience, starting on R 8 500.00/R9 000.00, with an increase thereafter if successful.
Email CV, qualifications, photo in uniform, minimum 3 written references and contact details for verbal references. All CVs are read but if you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks please understand you haven’t supplied the requested information or don’t meet the client’s requirements. Thank you.
JAPANESE SPEAKING FIELD GUIDE NEEDED - FREELANCE WORK
|We are in need of a Japanese speaking field guide for some short term filming work that we have available. Please contact me if you may be able to help? |
Thank you kindly.
082 326 6292
BIG 5 GAME RESERVE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR GUIDES - KAPAMA GAME RESERVE
|BIG 5 Game Reserve currently looking for guides - Kapama Game Reserve |
We are looking for Senior and junior guides.
Fgasa Level 1
Valid First Aid
Valid Deat registration
Back -up trails
Sasseta Rifle competancy certificate.
Fgasa Level 2 / 3
Valid First Aid
Valid Deat registration
Sasseta Rifle competancy certificate
Advanced Rifle Handling
Please forward your cv to Liezel.email@example.com
To Provide a safe and enjoyable horseback riding experience for each person on your ride. The job of Horseback guide demands full knowledge of trails, horses, safety and emergency procedures, and a genuine ability to get along with guests and coworkers. Day to day care of our large herd of horses.
Lead Guide Responsibilities:
Please contact Kirsty Evans
- To ensure guest have a thoroughly wonderful and safe time at Horizon and wish to come back, all without compromising the welfare of the horses.
- To ensure the horses have the best care and attention and that horses are treated with respect and all handling or riding of horses is conducted in the best interests of the horses.
- Ensure the safety of clients and guides is paramount and takes priority in every activity that Horizon offers. If a client requests something that would endanger himself, the horse or other clients/ guides is forbidden.
- Lead rides ensuring guests are informed of the history of the Waterberg, the flora and the fauna. All lead guides are responsible for the safety and enjoyment of their outrides.
- Ensure adequate safety and first aid equipment and people available for all activities.
- Welcome guests into the yard and help them mount. Check girths and stirrup lengths and brief them on the horse they are riding. It is important to make sure horses are ready and tacked check water bottles, saddlebags etc.
- Groom, tack up and ensure appropriate equipment is used eg. Bandages for polocrosse. Check tack for wear and tear and take action as appropriate.
- Report all issues of safety and health of the horses to manager immediately.
- Report all issues of guest safety to manager immediately. Complete accident forms as required.
- Be at all times friendly, informative and helpful.
- Once or twice a week, host dinner with the guests ensuring they are comfortable, that their needs are being met.
- Lunch with guests most day.
LEAD TRAILS GUIDE KZN
1. LEAD TRAILS GUIDE (SJ047)
**PLEASE NOTE -
THIS POSITION IS ALSO OPEN TO NON SA CITIZENS WHOM HAVE VALID WORK PERMITS IN PLACE**
(DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND SUITABILITY)
1. LEAD TRAILS GUIDE: R7, 000.00 – R11, 000.00 NEG.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!
3 WEEKS ON, 1 WEEK OFF
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE – URGENT VACANCY
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, MIN CRITERIA:
** ALL CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS MUST BE UP TO DATE**
FGASA LEVEL 1
FULL TRAILS GUIDE
NECESSARY GUIDING ACCREDITED QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM OF 1 – 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A LEAD TRAILS GUIDE
MUST HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE & BE ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS ON THE SPOT
PROFESSIONAL AND WELL PRESENTED
EXCELLENT GUEST INTERACTION SKILLS
WILL PREDOMINANTLY BE DOING TRAILS BUT WILL ALSO ASSIST WITH GAME DRIVES
TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD ALL THE BELOW INFORMATION:
PLEASE KINDLY & RESPECTFULLY NOTE –
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE RECEIVED WITHOUT ALL THE BELOW REQUESTED
INFO UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT NOT BE PROCESSED.
CV in a WORD document format
(Must be NEAT AND PRESENTABLE please. All places of employ, dates of employ and reasons for leaving must be stipulated in the CV/CV’s)
A recent head and shoulders photograph/s to accompany your application/s
A minimum of 2 written references from current / previous employers (per applicant)
A personalised motivation (in respect of the position you are applying for) as to why you feel you are the ideal candidate for the position
Notice period / Availability to take up new positions / Availability for interviews
Negotiable salary expectations
CONTACT EMAIL: SAFARIJOBS@LIVE.COM
SAFARILIVE GUIDING OPPORTUNITY
|safariLive Guiding Opportunity |
WildEarth Media are looking for a live-in presenter/field guide to host our (filmed) Live Safari broadcasts for clients such as National Geographic channel. We are based in the SabiSands and are open to CV's with the following minimum qualifications please: at least 2 years field guiding at a respectable lodge, FGASA Level 2 (theory), a valid first aid certificate and a PrDP. Your CV can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call 082 326 6292 for more information about the opportunity.
Feel free to view any of our live safari's at www.wildsafarilive.com between 06h00 - 09h00 and 15h00 - 18h00 daily. Preference will be given to Trails Guides who are keen on careers hosting wildlife shows in front of a video camera to an audience and who have an interest in photo/videography.
Salary: R15 000 - R25 000 per month
VACANCY FOR ASSISTANT HEAD GUIDE AT SINGITA KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
The Assistant Head Guide is responsible for conducting guided safari experiences at Singita that are unique and in line with Singita standards. The Assistant Head Guide takes on the role of the Head Guide, during the Head Guide’s absence from the lodge.
Scope of work
As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- Ensures the highest quality of game experience for the guests.
- Hosts guests in line with the Singita Standard of Excellence.
- Shows an exceptional appreciation and sensitivity to the environment at all times.
- Ensures that guest and staff safety is always a priority.
- Communicates with Front of House staff to ensure the best possible experience for guests.
- Conscientious maintenance and care of vehicles and related equipment.
- Carries out administration duties timeously and effectively.
- Undertakes a process of continuous education of self and other members of staff.
- Assisting the head guide with the management of the guiding team.
- Achieves service excellence though Teamwork.
Standard Company Benefits:
- A minimum of two years’ work experience as a field guide in a similar lodge environment
- A level 2 FGASA qualification
- Registered with DEAT
- Trails guide certificate
- Valid first aid certificate
- SASSETA Certificates
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
- An inherent passion for observing, sharing and learning about wildlife
- Flexible in that he/she is willing to change plans on the spur of the moment in the interest of guests
- Confident but humble
- Co-operative – and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests
- Organizational skills – displaying attention to detail and time management
- A developmental approach to his/her staff and colleagues
- Leadership ability, particularly as regards assisting staff to operate to maximum effectiveness
- The potential to progress into a Head Guide position
- Cost to Company Package
- Live in
- Meals provided
- Uniform provided
Please forward your CV and motivational letter for the above mentioned position to Adel.L@Singita.com and Deirdre.O@Singita.com or Fax: 013 735 5501 before or on 30th May 2016.