THE FGASA JOB MARKET
SAFARILIVE GUIDING OPPORTUNITY
|WildEarth are looking for a presenter/field guide to host our (filmed) Live Safari broadcasts for clients such as National Geographic channel in 2017. We are based in the SabiSands and are open to CV's with the following minimum qualifications please: at least 2 years field guiding at a respectable lodge, FGASA Level 2 (theory), a valid first aid certificate and a PrDP. Your CV can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to call 082 326 6292 for more information about the opportunity. |
Feel free to view any of our live safari's at www.wildsafarilive.com daily between 05h30 - 08h30 and 16h00 - 19h00. Preference will be given to Trails Guides who are keen on potential careers hosting wildlife shows in front of a video camera to an audience and, who have an interest in photo/videography.
Salary: approx. R30 000 per month, depending on qualifications and experience.
MOUNTAIN ZEBRA NATIONAL PARK
|SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL PARKS - MOUNTAIN ZEBRA NATIONAL PARK |
VACANCY: FIELD GUIDE
PATERSON GRADING: B3
SALARY SCALE: MIN R94 804.40 per year
CLOSING DATE: 06 MARCH 2017 A challenging vacancy currently exists for a Field Guide at Mountain Zebra National Park. The successful candidate will be required to reside in accommodation inside the park. The successful candidate will be responsible for, inter alia, the following:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job:
- Plan, control and conduct guided activities including walks, game drives, cheetah tracking and cultural heritage excursions.
- Assist with marketing available activities to guests.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of guests on activities.
- Ensure that vehicles, rifles, first aid kits and other related equipment are kept clean and in a good working order.
- Perform related administration duties.
- Assist the Conservation Department with conservation duties when not partaking in guided activities.
- Assist the People and Conservation Officer with guided school groups and activities as required.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as required.
- THETA Nature Site Guide (Dangerous Game Area) TGD/NSGDGm/4/0037/ NQF Level 4 certificate (must include View Potentially Dangerous Unit Standards).
- Grade 12
- DEA Registration as a Tourist Guide.
- Valid EC Driver License (Code 10) with Valid Public Drivers Permit (PDP).
- Candidates must have SASSETA competencies 117705 (Knowledge of Firearm Act), 119651 (Handle/use of manually operated rifle, 123511 (Handle manually operated rifle for business purposes).
- Three years related guiding experience in a dangerous game area.
- Proficiency in English is compulsory. Knowledge of any other African, European or South African official languages will serve as an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fully computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Packages.
Candidates should be physically and mentally fit and be prepared to undergo a fitness and rifle handling test during the interview process. Candidates will be subjected to security checks and police clearance.
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B3 job grade, and allowances and benefits as specified in HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Service of SANParks.
Persons who meet the above requirements can forward their applications together with a cover letter, CV and certified copies of their ID and relevant qualifications to the following address:
Human Resources Division
Attention: Andiswa Beki
Mountain Zebra National Park
Private Bag X 66, Cradock, 5880
Tel: 048 801 5700
Fax-to-e-mail: 086 618 8719
If you have not received a response within 21 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
FRENCH-SPEAKING DRIVERS AND/OR GUIDES IN SOUTH AFRICA
|Bonjour , |
nous sommes un TO basé à Windhoek depuis 2003 et aimerions développer le marché francophone sur l'Afrique du Sud .
Nous avons un problème de chauffeur/guide freelance francophone sur ce pays car la demande est récurrente .
Si cela vous intéresse vous pouvez me contacter par mail : Thierry JOLAINE email@example.com . J'habite en France
et suis en charge du développement de ce marché . www.dunas-safari.com .
GROOTBOS NATURE RESERVE NATURE GUIDE/LODGE HOST
|Nature Guide/Lodge Host |
Do you have a passion for nature?
This is a unique opportunity to pursue your passion for nature in an internationally recognised hospitality setting.
Grootbos Nature Reserve, is the leading South African fynbos botanical and marine ecotourism destination. It has won numerous international awards in nature conservation and responsible tourism (see grootbos.com and
grootbosfoundation.org.za) and combines this amazing setting with a five star hospitality experience.
We are looking for expertise in the fields of fynbos, birding, Zoology and Entomology. Guiding experience is an advantage but not an essential requirement. Salaries will be offered in line with relevant qualifications and experience. Accommodation is optional and a PDP is essential. Knowledge of European or Asian languages is an advantage.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the last day to submit applications is Tuesday, 28th of February 2017. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
GUIDE AND ASSISTANT POSITION TO FILL WITH LEADING EASTERN CAPE TOUR OPERATOR
|Guide and assistant Position To fill with Leading Eastern Cape Tour Operator |
Successful applicant is required to have:
- FGASA level 1 or 2 qualifications.
- Valid Cathsseta certificate, Professional drivers permit and First Aid certificates
- 3 to 5 years guiding experience, preferably in the Eastern Cape.
- Be familiar with the mechanics of motor vehicles and their maintenance.
- Be familiar with the marketing of a tourism product.
- An open and engaging personality, be mature and somewhat world wise.
- Reliable transport.
- Accommodation in Port Elizabeth.
- Pay a competitive monthly salary.
- Pay a competitive guiding fee for each tour and transfer completed.
- Pay a month bonus or part thereof at the end of the year.
- Make monthly contributions to UIF and PAYE
- Review the package on an annual basis
- Require the successful candidate to work a three month probationary period.
The position requires a candidate to guide mostly foreign guests to a wide variety of mainly nature based destinations in and around the Eastern Cape including marine excursions, Camping trips and including Big 5 game reserves.
The position requires the successful candidate to have a working knowledge of motor vehicles, the licencing and maintenance of the vehicles and other work related jobs that need attending to.
The successful candidate will at all time be required to keep his / her qualifications, driver’s licenses and First Aid certificates current and up to date.
Alan Fogarty email@example.com